Friday, February 25, 2005

Flash Fiction #1 - That Girl

I did not write this, That Girl did. She left it in the comments of my original story. It was so good I decided to post it so I could keep it for all eternity.


I had a gyro for lunch today and ran out of gum. Therefore I took a cab to the 7-11 in Hampden because I didn't want to lose my parking spot at work.

Once at 7-11, I looked for the Dentyne Ice, but I was distracted by the Frappuccino in the corner of my eye. I walked over to the case to get my extra large mocha Frapuccino bottle, turned around and decided I was still hungry. Monterey chicken taquito will do the trick. Portable, non-messy-fake-mexican-for-a-dollar. Good deal.

As I approach the counter, spot the Dentyne ice, lay all of these cravings out on display with the pride that I'm getting exactly what I need to be happy, I find that I have forgotten my debit card. No where to be found.

SHIT.

I had to save my cash for the waiting cab and I really needed the gum, so I put back the Frapuccino, said "nevermind" on the taquito (which was heart wrenching) and counted out all of the pennies in the "spare a penny" cup to get my gum.

Ha! The minty taste of giving something up in order to get what you want!

No comments: