Sunday, March 13, 2005

The Getaway - FF #3

Stop running. Try to look casual. I am pretty sure I lost the two men who seem determined to kill me. Crash. The store front window shatters next to me. Damn. Didn't hear a shot, they must be using silencers. Who are these guys and why do they want me dead? Back at a full sprint. I need a crowded place. They won't fire in a crowded place.

I run into the Street Mall. Try to blend in. Slow your breathing. How many of them are there. Must be at least three. I have to slip out of here. Get away. Blood spatters on the window of the Hallmark store. It's the lady next to me. Dead. People around me panicking. Running. Don't fall. Keep going. How did they find me so fast?

Men at all the exits? I can't take that chance. Find an alternate exit. The maintenance hallway. I have to find out who wants me dead. That is not going to happen if I don't get out of here in a hurry. Through the door. Down the hallway. Emergency exit, fuck the alarm. I'm back on the street. Jump in the nearest cab.

"Get me the hell out of here!"
"Where to mister?"
"I don't care just move it!"

The cab speeds away and through the back window I can see two men exiting the emergency door. Who are they? And who wants me dead? I need to find out, before they find me again.




Above is my entry for this week's Flash Fiction Challenge:
The rules were as follows:
1. Maximum length: 250 words.
2. Must take place in a mall.
3. Within the story, you must use this text: not going to happen.

Make sure you read Kelbel's entry as well.

No comments: